What is eligible?
Any building, structure or signalling installation associated with railways or tramways, small or large since their inception in the United Kingdom, the Isle of Man and the Republic of Ireland.
Projects nearing completion or completed between 1st January 2013* and 13th May 2018. If the work is considered by judges not to have progressed sufficiently to be properly considered for 2018, such an entry will automatically be carried forward for judging in 2019.
An entry may comprise a whole station or any single structure or group of structures, which form, or once formed, part of railway or tramway premises.
Certain types of replica can be eligible.
Eligible replicas may include:
- An historic building, structure or signalling installation re-erected at a new site.
- An accurate reconstruction of a specific building, structure or signalling installation, the original of which had been removed or demolished, rebuilt on or very close to its original site.
- A completely new but authentic replica of a specific historic building, structure or signalling installation on new site.
- An entry comprising a combination of restored or adapted historic building, structure or signalling installation with modern additions. An entry may concentrate on enhancing access for the mobility impaired and other disabilities in an historic building
Note: Construction of a building in the general style of an historic building, structure or signalling installation with no specific or authentic basis for its design or location, would not be eligible.
* Projects completed before this date and not previously entered, may be accepted at the discretion of the Awards Committee.